Friday, January 29, 2010

eassy part one~
If you ever lost your memory, would you want it back? Many of us don’t know what it’s like to loose our memory, but I do. Back in 2007 I lost my memory. I was in a car accident. Four people died, I was the only survivor and the only sad thing is I didn’t know any of the people in the care with me. Well at least I don’t think I know any of them.
I remember waking up in the hospital. The smell of all the disinfectants, the sour, bitter smell, the heart machine’s constant haunting beep, and not been able to move around. I remember constantly trying to turn my head but I couldn’t. The people I saw around me were indistinct. I couldn’t tell one apart from another. Maybe it was due to my poor eyesight at the moment. Like there was a layer of fog, thick enough for me to cut through with a knife. I couldn’t see. The light had blinded me. Just like a thousand year old monster just waking up from its sleep, the light had blinded me.
Trying to move my lips, but they were as dry as the Australian desert, even when I finally moved them, my throat wouldn’t let me speak. It was as if it were like a vampire had sucked all of the moister out of my upper body, leaving none to waste. The dry horse feeling, the incapability to move my body as I wish, it was like been trapped in a box, tied down. It was as though I had just come out of a dark void into a bright, uncomfortable place.
My head was a blank, just like the way Frankenstein’s monster had woken up; I knew nothing, as innocent as a baby bird just hatching out of its egg. I was a blank canvas ready to be drawn on. I remember trying to desperately remember those who had seemed to have waited for eternity, but I couldn’t each time I did, I was greeted with an earth shattering pain in my head. I tried to remember, I tried so hard, that I cried, and cried. I longed to know who I was.
As soon as I was able to be checked out of the hospital, my mother and father took me from there. I remember placing myself into a small black Holden. I was too intimidated to look around me, as I turned to see behind me, all I could see was the only place I knew of. The white towering building moving further and further away. As I turned around I could see trees along the street move past me. People, both young and old move across. I had never seen so many different people, people dressed in colours I’ve never seen, experienced. My stomach churned, as though my maiden voyage on a pirates’ ship. It was as though I was anticipating something.
I looked through the rear view mirror at my father’s eyes, then in turn my mother’s. I didn’t know what kind of expression it was; it was as though, they were somehow sad. It had been the first time that I had seen them with that kind of expression, I think. After a few seconds I stopped looking, it scared me. Somehow it stirred something up within, like the awakening of beast’s instincts. I didn’t like it, so I stopped.
After a couple of months, been home, and slowly, I got used to my surroundings. Somehow, it felt cold, empty. I remember sitting on my bed, and I looked around, the room was a pale white, not like the one in the hospital, the colour was warmer, but it had felt colder.

sorri fro ta lack of formatting~

No comments:

Post a Comment